JP Jacobs International Research Foundation is providing engineering education to the students to build best engineers in the world and promoting the engineering research, in the form of Events like International / National Conferences, Seminars, Workshops, Symposium, and other Activities.
Fire Protection and Alarm Designing and Drafting
This course aims to provide, in a structured manner, an organized and comprehensive framework for fire safety and building fire protection design. The course particularly aims to help those who have recently been given responsibility in fire safety and those who seek structured and comprehensive guidance on the fundamentals of fire safety design methods and approved practices
Chapter 1: Basics of FP & FA
- What is Fire Protection?
- What is fire triangle?
- Fire Associations, codes and standards
Chapter 2: Building Classification
- Classification of Buildings for fire protection.
Chapter 3: Fire Protection System
- Fundamentals of Fire Protection system
- Classification Fire Fighting system
Chapter 4: Sprinkler System
- Sprinkler System – Dry & Wet Riser Systems
- Types of Sprinklers
- Pipe Sizing in sprinkler system
- Sump Capacity Calculation
- Over Head Tank Capacity Calculation
Chapter 5: Piping fixtures and valves.
- Piping Materials
Chapter 4: Pump Capacity Calculations
- Introduction to Pumps
- Types of Pumps
- Pump Selection criteria
- Pump Head loss Calculation
- Pump Capacity calculation
- Booster pump Capacity calculation
Chapter 7: Fire Alarm System
- Classification of Fire Alarm System
- Types of sensors
- Fire Panel Selection
Chapter 8: Public Address System
- Classification of PA System
- Selection of PA system
Chapter 9: Schematic Drawings preparation
- Studying Layout
- Symbols and Legends
- Drawing SLD
- Elevation Drawings
- Preparation of shop drawings